Samosa Recipe in Indian Style
Samosa is certainly the most popular snack in India, which can be prepared very easily at home with some very simple ingredients at home. This traditional snack recipe needs no introduction and tastes best when served with mint chutney and red chutney. Stuffed with potato, peas, and a whole melange of aromatic spices, Samosa has the best of authentic flavors which arouses your taste buds in the first bite you take. Serve these hot recipe with any chutney of your choice and make it all the more scrumptious. Try this easy samosa recipe at home and make the coming occasion all the more happening, while earning appreciation for your amazing culinary skills. Samosa is one such snack that nobody can possibly resist and is loved by people of all age groups and so will be an instant hit in your household. A snack like Samosa comes to the rescue when hunger pangs hit you out of nowhere in the middle of the night. Go ahead, read and follow the steps which are given right below and give this recipe a try that it deserves for obvious reasons! Relish and spread warmth among your favorite company.
Ingredients to prepare the dish :
- 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon carom seeds
- 4 tablespoon ghee
- salt as required
- 4 boiled potatoes
- 2 cup peas
- 2 green chilli
- 2 inch ginger
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- black pepper as required
- 2 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cup refined oil
Now, How to prepare the dish
Step 1 : Prepare Masala for Potato Filling
- Take a pan and put some oil in it, now add cumin seeds and add garlic, ginger and green chili paste and salt according to your taste.
Step 2 : Add potatoes, spices and cook them for sometime
- Keep stirring the mixture the whole while. Next, add boiled potatoes and stir yet again.
- With the help of the back of a spoon, mash the entire mixture altogether.
Step 3 : Prepare Dough for Samosa
- Take a large bowl and combine flour along with cumin seeds, salt, and black pepper.
- Now, add Ghee and start mixing.
- Make sure the dough turns out to be somewhat firm in its texture. Cover the dough with a muslin cloth and keep aside for about half an hour.
Step 4 : Cut the Puri in half and roll the dough in Puri
- Once done, roll out few small-sized balls from the dough.
- Flatten them further with the help of your palms and then with a rolling pin.
- Give them a round shape and cut it in half.
- Now dipping your hands in water, fold the edges of the semi-circle in order to give it a cone shape.
Step 5 : Fill the semi circle with potatoes filling and deep fry it
- Take the filling and stuff the prepared mixture in it.
- Seal the ends properly by pressing the edges lightly with your fingers.
- Then, heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the samosas until they turn golden brown and crispy enough.
- Serve with any dip of your choice. Enjoy it as a tea-time snack
How the dish will look :
These Potato pieces are soft, tender and coated with tasty spicy masalas that makes the dish very delicious. This recipe is a starter dish so you can have it with your whole family. This dish is prepared within 40-50 mins and is easy to serve and will look good in any occasion.
So this is how we prepare Desi Samosa . It is simple, easy and Delicious at the same time. So start preparing this dish now and do leave comments about this post.